It was super hott here today in southern Minnesota, but that didn’t stop me from picking the apples from our tree to make some yummy Applesauce and apple butter in my Instant Pot. I have been day-dreaming of leaves, boots, pumpkin everything, deer-hunting and all things fall. I love summer, and the sun, but something about fall sits well with my soul. I hope you enjoy these recipes! I made them up and I am open to suggestions or tips.
Ingredients: 10 Apples.
(You can use any kind you’d like. Once I start testing different kinds out, I will report back with feedback. I USED a more tart green apple from my husband’s family lake home & also used 5 apples from the tree in our front yard.) The apples from our house are more sweet so it all balanced out!
1 tsp of Cinnamon or Cinnamon Sticks
1 tsp of Nutmeg
1tsp of Maple Syrup ( I use this as my sweetener and its from the trees in the front yard) You can use honey, sugar, agave syrup or no sweetener at all! Get creative.
1/2 cup of water
Directions for Applesauce
- Peel and core all the apples. I used our handy dandy apple peeler I had bought from Kohls a year ago. It was amazing and fun! I even let my toddler try it out. You can leave the peels on if you’d like! Our peels weren’t in the best shape so I chose not too.
- Put all the apples, water and spices in the Instantpot.
- Close the lid. Turn the valve to sealing.
- Cook on High Pressure ( Manual) for 8 minutes.
- I let it naturally release for 10 minutes
- Stir up the applesauce with an immersion blender. Like it chunky!? Then you barely have to stir it! I let my apple sauce cool and I transfered it into mason jars.
Mankato Mama’s Apple -Butter
Ingredients : Same as above except I added 1/2 tsp of Vanilla, and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- 1. Use the directions for my Applesauce.
- After the apple-sauce mixture is done cooking, add sugar, and vanillamo o
- Press the Saute Less function. ( Press Cancel on your Instantpot and press Saute button once. Press the adjust button twice to get it to the Less function.
- Stir, stir, & and watch the yummy apple butter start to form. I stirred mine for roughly 25 minutes on and off. I wantesd my apple butter to become thicker in consistency. The longer your stir it for leave it on the sautee function-the thicker it becomes!
What is your favorite thing to use applebutter with? My two girls LOVED this applesauce I made today and ate almost a whole jar!
Don’t have an Instant Pot!?
Buy one here: https://store.instantpot.com/?rfsn=851700.d49960&utm_source=refersion&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=851700.d49960
Use : JOSIES10 for 10$ off